Sunday, April 1, 2018

Weekly Bankroll Update 3/25-3/31

Easy come, easy go as they say. This week I got slaughtered. So much so, that I am taking this week off in order to regroup. It was a week of bad beats, bad breaks, and bad play. There is a tendency to play bad when you've been losing. You start to get gun shy, afraid to enter pots you'd normally not think twice about. To play too tight, or too loose in order to make back losses. There are some positive things to take from this losing streak I'm on though. For one, I didn't go on bankroll tilt. I took a lot of losses, but I didn't up my stakes to try and catch up. I also didn't overplay. If I had a bad day I'd stop. I know when I'm running bad, and I've learned over the years to cut my losses. This run could have been a lot worse, and I'm actually glad I didn't go off the rails. Here's where I fell to:

Play Money: 4,977,000 Up 56,000

Real Money: $571.29 Down $41.99

Target for next Cash Game level: $1,000 ($50)

Target for next SnG level: $1,100 ($55)

Target for next MTT level: $1,100 ($22)

Losses are part of the game. Everyone has them, but the key is to lose as little as possible during a losing streak, and to know when to stop. Even the pros have trouble with this concept. Ego gets in the way and clouds your judgment, and that can be very dangerous. This week I'll be playing for play money primarily, and I may take shots at the $0.11 Daily Bonanza, but that's about it. I'm going back in the tank to slowly make up my losses. Hopefully it won't take too long, but my home game is tonight (hopefully), and that'll be a good opportunity to start climbing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment