Sunday, March 25, 2018

Weekly Bankroll Update 3/18-3/24

I ain't gonna sugarcoat it. This week sucked. I played the $5.50 MTT five times going 0/5. That makes 0/7 overall, and the majority of my losses this week were because of that tournament. I have since switched to the $3.30 MTT also with no success. Things did get interesting though as I won my way into a Round 3 satellite tournament to the $540 Madness MTT off a freeroll. I took some horrible beats though in the satellite, and all my hard work amounted to nothing. No worries though as I'm sure there will be many more opportunities to get into big tournaments. Global Poker seems to be growing rapidly, and the fact that they're even running a tourney that big is a very good sign. Global also launched a new poker game, that frankly I've never heard of, called Crazy Pineapple. It's only available in play money cash games right now. Basically, you get three cards to start with. There's a round of betting, then the flop comes. Before the turn, you must discard one of your three cards, then it's pretty much No-Limit Hold Em from there. Another good sign as it appears Global could be preparing to launch some new games like Stud, Razz, or maybe some Omaha Hi-Lo? Come on Global! Bring on some mixed cash games and tourneys! Anyhoo, here are my current numbers:

Play Money: 4,921,000 Up 127,000

Real Money: $613.28 Down $33.20

Target for next Cash Game level: $1,000 ($50)

Target for next SnG level: $1,100 ($55)

Target for next MTT level: $1,100 ($22)



I don't expect another down week this week. My experiment playing the $5.50 MTTs was a disaster, and it's time to shelve that tourney for a little bit until I can get more insurance. Not to say I won't take a shot if I'm having a good week, but playing that tourney every night gets expensive when you're not cashing in it. Now you see why it's so important to have insurance. This week I'll be working to make back my losses, and to facilitate a deep run in the $3.30 MTT. This bankroll challenge is a really tough grind, and being patient is imperative. Hopefully next week I'll have some good news to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment