Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012 Fantasy Baseball Draft Results...


   One of my favorite days of the year is the day I get to draft my fantasy baseball team. Last year I was champion of The New England League for the first time in my storied career as a fantasy manager. This year proves to be more difficult as the total number of teams goes from 10 to 12. A couple of managers have kids old enough to manage their own teams. That really makes it interesting. We don't bet any money or anything. Just for bragging rights. Finally, it's my year to brag.

Picking 10th out of 12 this year- Diamond in the Rough

Round 1- Robinson Cano (2B)
Round 2- Prince Fielder (1B)
Round 3- Felix Hernandez (SP)
Round 4- David Price (SP)
Round 5- Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
Round 6- Aramis Ramirez (3B)
Round 7- Ichiro Suzuki (OF)
Round 8- Madison Bumgarner (SP)
Round 9- Jose Valverde (RP)
Round 10- Alex Avila (C)
Round 11- Cameron Maybin (OF)
Round 12- Corey Hart (OF)
Round 13- Ubaldo Jimenez (SP)
Round 14- Mark Trumbo (1B,OF)
Round 15- Carlos Marmol (RP)
Round 16- Billy Butler (1B)
Round 17- Russell Martin (C)
Round 18- Hiroki Kuroda (SP)
Round 19- Jemile Weeks (2B)
Round 20- Austin Jackson (OF)
Round 21- Scott Downs (RP)
Round 22- Alexi Ogando (SP)

   I'm happy with my draft considering I had to pick 10th. I had to break my own rule and draft a New York Yankee, but hey, I play to win baby! This lineup should hit a lot of home runs, and my starting pitching is better than last year. I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment