Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Crazy Home Game And A Bankroll Update

   This week the home game drew 9 players. It was the first time we've done a cash game and it was action packed. Blinds were .25/.50. There was aggressive play by what are primarily conservative players. The theme seemed to be: play junk and win. I took a couple of brutal beats. One was when I got all-in on an A-A-8 flop with A-10. Unfortunately my opponent was holding A-8. No 10 came of course. Another good one was flopping a straight with J-10. Flop was Q-8-9. Turn was a 10 and river was a K. My opponent was holding A-J. Nice.

   When all was said and done I came out ahead $6. I was lucky enough to win a $40 pot with 2 hands left before we called it a night. The cash game was fun, but I actually prefer tournaments. Thinking that's what we'll play this week.

   While the live bankroll stays at $3000, the online bankroll has jumped to $35 thanks to my first MTT win on Lock Poker. It was a $0.30 buy-in with 209 entries. 1st place payed $14.11. Everyone keeps asking me why I don't deposit any money on there, and my answer is always the same: because I don't have to. Plus, after the whole Full Tilt debacle, I'm a little hesitant to say the least. Bodog also got shut down recently, and I can't help but wonder who's next.

   As I write this, 4am approaches (thanks to daylight savings time), and my eyes are getting heavy. Tomorrow will be my 7th day in a row of working with no end in sight. I can't turn down work in March even though it means I have to sit out my 2nd straight Berkshire Poker tournament. Guaranteed money is always better than a potential loss. The Berkshires can be a tough place to make a living in the winter and I'm happy just to be able to pay my bills this time of year.

   Well, that's it for me. I'm going to bed.

1 comment: