Saturday, March 24, 2012

Home Game Wrap-Up


     9 players in the game this week. We played a NLHE cash game with blinds at 0.25/0.50. I went down $40 early on when Jay Brown turned a flush against my top pair. A couple of hours later, with just 5 of us left, I picked up A-3 in the SB. I limped in and the BB checked. There were four of us in the hand and the flop came 10-9-3. It checked around and the turn came another 3 giving me trips. I bet $7 and the BB went all-in for around $45. I didn't call immediately. I was worried that my opponent (Phil Cohen) might have a full house. Phil doesn't play recklessly and he was in the BB and could have had anything. If I called and was wrong, I would have been down around $40 on the night. I came into the game up $156 overall, so after a couple of minutes thinking, I went for it. Phil turned over 6-3 and the river came an Ace. Even if he'd had a boat, I would have rivered him anyway. I ended the night up $105, most of it from that hand.

    The live bankroll now sits at $3100, while online has jumped to $145 thanks to a couple of profitable Blackjack sessions. I don't normally play Blackjack, but I hadn't been running too well in the poker games so I decided to chance it, and it paid off. Sometimes when you have a small bankroll, it's necessary to take some chances to get going. I didn't invest any money online anyway, so I felt like I was freerolling. I'll be taking a break from the Blackjack though now that I'm up a little, so it's back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment