Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weekly Bankroll Update 4/29-5/5

I got a bit slowed down this week with homework and being sick, but still managed to pull off a small profit and some deep runs in the Rattlesnake Open tourneys. There are still a couple of weeks to go and my goals are still within reach. The home game was at my place once again, but I was unable to use my home felt advantage to keep from losing. Here are a few hands that ultimately led to my demise:

Hand 1- I'm on the button and limp in with J-9 offsuit. Flop is 10-8-4 with two diamonds. Turn is a diamond and river is 4 of diamonds. I have the Jack of diamonds for a Jack-high flush and lose to 8-4 who rivered a full house.

Hand 2- J-9 off suit again. Flop comes Q-10-8. I flop a straight. Turn is an 8 and river is a Q. Lose to another full house to the same guy who was holding a Q.

Hand 3- A-6 of hearts. Flop is K-J-5. King was a heart. Turn is a heart, and river is Jack of hearts. Lose to K-J who once again rivered a boat. It was the same guy.He hit three full houses on the river to beat me each time. I ended down $40.

These things happen if you play long enough. Although rare, you have to expect bad luck can catch up with you. I've run pretty well in the home game and I don't let one bad night define me. Anyhoo, here are my tallies:

Play Money: 6,667,000 Up 387,000

Real Money: $673.10 Up $2.87

Target for next Cash Game level: $1,000 ($50)

Target for next SnG level: $1,100 ($55)

Target for next MTT level: $1,100 ($22)

I will continue playing conservative and try and work my way up the leaderboard of the Rattlesnake Open this week. I might not even play for real money this week in order to focus on the play tourneys. If I do, I'll just play the Daily Bonanza to try and turn a small profit. Stay tuned to my Twitter @BenRagusa for daily results.

No comments:

Post a Comment