Sunday, May 20, 2018

Weekly Bankroll Update 5/13-5/19

Last week was kind of an up and down week for me. I am in the beginning stages of a slump, but my home game bailed me out Wednesday night. I have slipped out of the top 10 on the leaderboard with one night to go, but I feel like the win a couple of weeks ago was what really mattered. I'm kind of glad that the Rattlesnake Open is over as I could use a break. Here are some numerical figures:


Play Money: 6,542,000 Down 633,000

Real Money: $700.11 Up $22.01

Target for next Cash Game level: $1,000 ($50)

Target for next SnG level: $1,100 ($55)

Target for next MTT level: $1,100 ($22)


I have no real interesting hands to report from my home game the other night. I pretty much had a slow grind and we only played two hours because three players went broke rather quickly. I was happy to take the small profit of $23 out of a short session. This week it's back to the normal grind of playing the Daily Bonanza and racking up enough hands to play the Weekly Bonanza. I may play some $4 cash games depending on how I'm feeling. It's been a rough go over the past six or seven days, and I don't like to play too much when I feel a slump coming on. It's not just bad beats that contribute to it, but bad play as well. I'm just $300 away from my next bump up, and it's clear that I can't just rely on the home game to get me there so I'll be looking to maybe play in another Berkshire Poker tourney in a couple of weeks. It's the last one for a few months so probably not a bad idea to take the opportunity to play if everything lines up right. I'm getting really excited for the MGM Springfield to open on August 24th. It's only 45 minutes away from my house, and I'm guessing they'll have a nice poker room there. That could be just what I need to help accelerate my bankroll building process. Until that time comes, I will continue to be conservative and protect what I've earned so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment