Monday, February 27, 2012

Home Game Update...

   This Thursday's poker tournament actually began in two homes. We drew 11 players! $30 re-buy + add-on. Total prize pool was $780!! Our biggest game so far! Week 1 drew 9 players, week 2 drew 7 players. Week 1 winner was Fallon taking in $100. Week 2 winner was Natasha who pulled in $120, and this week's winner was the quiet, but crafty, Jay Brown taking down the $350 first prize.

   Although I was one spot out of the money (5th), I'm still up $50 over the first 3 weeks. Lots to be excited about. 2 new players were added to the mix, with more newbies to come. I envision the game getting up to 19 players soon.

   One thing I need to work on and adjust is the blind structure. This week's tournament ran long. We began at 7pm and didn't finish until 1am. That's just too late for most of us who have day jobs (although $350 IS worth staying up for). Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next week to see how it goes. I'm bartending for the Country Club this Thursday where the popular Irish band The Wolfe Tones are performing. I'll have an update next week on how things play out. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment