Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Back In The Game


   Last Thursday I had my first home game at the new apartment. I invited 8 people to play and all 8 showed up. Since it was the first game I've had in quite some time, I decided to keep the buy-in relatively small given that most of us are poor. Everyone played great. We had a 9 person $20 buy-in tournament. 3 players got paid. 3rd place $30, 2nd place $50 and 1st place $100. I came in 2nd.

   We're having another game on Thursday at a different venue across the street from where I live. I only have an 8 person table, but my neighbor has a 10 person table. Much more fitting for our group I think. I didn't expect all 8 players to play so the change of venue is perfect. Plus if we get more than 10 players we can have two tables going. Hopefully this is the beginning of a long and prosperous home game.

   Also, this weekend there is a local charity tournament going on which I'm entering. My friend Matt won $200 on a scratch ticket a couple of days ago and made an extremely generous donation by covering my $75 buy-in. Thanks Matty! More good news, I'm saving all of my tax return money which puts my current bankroll just over $3000! Feels great to be playing and winning at live poker again. I'll keep you all updated on the results from this weekend, and I'll try to put up more pics on my next post. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment