Sunday, March 8, 2020

Weekly Bankroll Update 3/1 - 3/7

Poker is fun when you run well, and infuriating when you don’t. Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Poker’s definition of insanity is doing the same thing and getting different results. You can play your best game night after night and constantly get different results which can slowly drive a weak-minded player insane. Ironically, the goal in poker should be to get as close as possible to Einstein’s insanity definition. You want consistency. Play your A-game and profit over time, even though playing your A-game can result in losses in the short-term. You almost need to be insane to play this game, and this game can make you insane at the same time. For me, I break it down into one-week sessions. If I’m profitable over seven days, I’m good. If I can string a bunch of those profitable one-week sessions together I keep myself from going insane. It’s important not to look at poker in terms of short-term results, but also not to look too far ahead. For me, one week is comfortable. For others it might be every two weeks, or every month that they evaluate their results. In any case, pick a time period in which to evaluate your play to keep from going insane. Here are my standings after last week:

Play Money: 70,147,000 Down 695,000

Online: $377.51

Live: $2,242.63

Total: $2,620.14 Up $19.55

It was a good week that saw several cashes including the Weekly Bonanza and the Daily Hundo. The week goes much better when I hit on the Weekly Bonanza. It’s more of the same this week as I slowly approach $400 online with the goal of breaking $500. Just gotta keep from going insane until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment