Sunday, January 13, 2019

Weekly Bankroll Update 1/6 - 1/12

I was down a bit last week, but my results are not indicative of how the week actually went. I had quite a few deep runs and near misses. This could have been a monster week. On Sunday I was one elimination away in the Daily Hundo from $100. Instead I made $10 for finishing 4th. 1-3 got $100. Then on Friday night in the $750 guarantee, I finished 10th but really had a great chance at taking it down for the $234 up top. Here is the hand that crushed me: I'm in the big blind with A-9 of diamonds. Blinds are 1250/2500 and I have 55,000 in chips. Again, 10 left and I'm running 4th. Folds around to the small blind who had been raising my big blind literally every chance he got. I had played back at him once and he backed right down. This time I wanted to trap him. He raised and made it 7500 to go. I called. Flop came 3-5-8 with two diamonds. He led out for 10,000 and again I called. Turn came a 9 giving me top pair with top kicker and a nut flush draw. He goes all in and I snap call. I had him covered by about 5,000 chips. He had 4-9 offsuit. A dream situation until the river which came 4 of spades giving him two pair and leaving me virtually done for the tournament. Had I just gone all in pre-flop or even post-flop, he would have folded and I'd have taken the hand. It was a good learning experience for next time. Aside from that I got crushed in sit n gos going 0/5 which was basically all my losses for the week. MTTs I actually broke even. Here is where I'm at:

Gold Coins: 16,444,000 Up 503,000

Real Money: 1,417.40 Down $30.47

Target for next MTT level: $1,650 ($33)

Target for next Cash Game level: $2,000 ($100)

Target for next SnG level: $2,200 ($110)

I'm still not sure if I should drop my SnG level from $6.60 to $3.30 this week. Something tells me to hold the line and see what happens. I only played five of them and just need to give variance a chance to kick in. I also am thinking of doing a run to MGM on Saturday. If I have similar results this week and lose again, then I'll drop down, but I just don't think I have enough of a sample size yet. I was encouraged by my deep runs in MTTs too and I think I'm really just a favorable river card away from blowing this thing wide open. Let's wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment