Sunday, January 27, 2019

Weekly Bankroll Update 1/20 - 1/26

Last week began the slow and painful process of rebuilding after two rough weeks of downswings. I was able to make back a good portion of it despite continuing to take horrible river beats. Most of the profit came from a deep Sunday cash in the Weekly Bonanza, and a Saturday night $3 sit n go win. I wasn't able to profit on my Sunday Scrimmage gift since my KK couldn't hold up against 8-5 offsuit, but it was still fun to be able to play that tourney and I really appreciate Global Poker giving me the opportunity. Here's where I ended last week:

Gold Coins (Play Money): 17,769,000 Up 163,000

$weeps Cash (Real Money): $1,368.95 Up $26.17

Target for next MTT level: $1,650 ($33)

Target for next Cash Game level: $2,000 ($100)

Target for next SnG level: $2,200 ($110)

So I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to make back 25% of my losses in the first week of rebuilding. This week I'm going to try something a little different. I'll play the Daily Bonanzas every night as well as $1.10 27-person tourneys to stay conservative. This means I will spend a little over $8 for those, but I'm going to play 9-person SnGs in a "step" format. This worked very well for me when I did it on Full Tilt back in the day. Here's how it works. I start by playing a $3.30 9-person on Sunday. If I lose or come in 2nd or 3rd, I'll play again the next night. If I win, the next night I'll play a $6.60 SnG. If I lose that, I'll move back down to the $3.30 the following night. If I come in 2nd or 3rd however, I'll play that level again the next night. If I win, I'll move up to the $11 SnG the next night and so on. On Saturday night, it ends regardless of what "step" or "level" I'm on and starts over on Sunday. In other words, say I play an $11 SnG and win on a Saturday, Sunday night it's back to the $3.30. So it's win to move up, 2nd or 3rd to stay at that level, and a loss means I move down one. So if I play an $11 and don't cash, I'll play a $6.60 the next night. I'm curious to see how this goes. The hope is I can put together a little win streak and turn a big profit without incurring too much risk. I'll post nightly results on Twitter (@BenRagusa if you want to follow along) and will refer to the "steps" by number. They'll be as follows:

Step 1 - $3.30. Win to move up to Step 2. 2nd, 3rd or a loss to replay Step 1.

Step 2 - $6.60. Win to move up to Step 3. 2nd or 3rd to replay Step 2. Lose and go back to Step 1.

Step 3 - $11.00. Win to move up to Step 4. 2nd or 3rd to replay Step 3. Lose and go back to Step 2.

Step 4 - $33.00. Win to move up to Step 5. 2nd or 3rd to replay Step 4. Lose and go back to Step 3.

Step 5 - $55.00. Win to move up to Step 6. 2nd or 3rd to replay Step 5. Lose and go back to Step 4.

Step 6 - $110.00. Win to celebrate. 2nd or 3rd to replay Step 6. Lose and go back to Step 5.

It's highly unlikely I'll make it to Step 6 since I'm starting each week at Step 1, but if I'm able to generate some healthy profits from it I won't waste my time starting over every Sunday. I really just want to try this out for a week or two and see what happens. Worst case scenario is I just play a $3.30 SnG every night which is what I was planning to do anyway. Let's see how this goes! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment