Sunday, January 20, 2019

Weekly Bankroll Update 1/13 - 1/19

Last week sucked. There's no other way to say it. It sucked. It was my biggest down week since I started this blog and certainly the most frustrating. I lost everything I played until Friday night when I cashed the Daily Bonanza for a whopping $.90. Then last night I broke out of my slump a little by profiting $3. For all intents and purposes I was done playing. I was gonna take a break. Poker just wasn't fun. I kept getting rivered over and over by one and two outers, and maniacs on straight and flush draws. I felt like a shipwrecked man wandering a deserted island with no food or water and only the clothes on my back... okay maybe I'm going a little too far here, but you get the point. It sucked. Until today. I just found out minutes before posting this that I was awarded a $218 ticket, via Instagram, into Global Poker's Sunday Scrimmage tournament. It's the biggest tournament Global offers. A $50,000 guarantee with close to $10,000 up top and around $300 for a min cash. My hands are still shaking from the adrenaline rush. I'm seriously in disbelief right now. There's still work to be done of course. I have to at least cash the damn thing, but there is potential here for things to substantially change. Anyhow, here's where I landed after falling on face:

Play Money: 17,606,000 Up 1,162,000

Real Money: $1,342.78 Down $74.62

Target for next MTT level: $1,650 ($33)

Target for next Cash Game level: $2,000 ($100)

Target for next SnG level: $2,200 ($110)

Well, here we go folks. My main goal today is to just have fun regardless of the result. I really appreciate Global for doing these giveaways and I'll try and make the most of this opportunity. I'm fortunate to be in this position and I have to try and not forget that or take it for granted. Even though I ran terribly last week, my bankroll is still intact. I started this thing with just $2 and the fact that I'm here every week blogging about it and getting to play every night is the real gift. No matter what happens tonight, I'm truly happy and blessed. For those of you who read this blog every week or even every once in a while, thank you. You give me the inspiration to play well and keep going even when things get tough. I feel I have an obligation now that I actually have folks reading this to move forward and update my results, no matter how frustrating things get from time to time. I'm here, and I ain't going anywhere. Let's effing go! Oh yeah and Go Pats!!!

1 comment: