Sunday, July 1, 2018

Weekly Bankroll Update 6/24-6/30

I was on vacation last week, but that didn't stop me from playing. I was 4/7 cashing Daily Bonanzas, and I crushed the play money Rapido tourneys again. It was a little frustrating to bubble the Weekly Bonanza as I finished 202nd when 198 were paid, but I'm over it. It wasn't a huge week, but I didn't expect it to be. The next home game is in 10 days and I'm just trying to bide my time until then. Here are my integers:

Play Money: 9,009,000 Up 355,000

Real Money: $885.72 Up $2.62

Target for next Cash Game level: $1,000 ($50)

Target for next SnG level: $1,100 ($55)

Target for next MTT level: $1,100 ($22)

A lot of you might wonder why I spend so much time playing for play money. It's not because I'm trying to be a play money high roller even though I take play money just as seriously as real money. It's so I can get myself used to the idea of dropping down levels when things aren't going well. My real money bankroll is still very small, and there aren't many levels for me to drop down to if I get stuck, hence the reason I'm so ridiculously conservative. Play money keeps my game sharp, while at the same time keeping me in the right state of mind of moving up and down levels. It's like practice for bankroll building. As my real money roll gets bigger, it's going to be very important for me to be ready to drop down when my cards are bad, and to take shots when I feel like I'm running well. One of the reasons I'm so excited to get above $1,000 is because I'll have many levels to play at for cash games: $4, $10, $20, and $50. That kind of range allows me the freedom to play comfortably at multiple levels and build my roll quickly while at the same time being able to drop down if I run bad. This week it's back to work and my normal routine. I will do the usual Daily Bonanzas, but sadly, the Rapido tourneys are over. I really made a killing on those the past two weeks! The grind continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment