Sunday, March 17, 2019

Weekly Bankroll Update 3/10-3/16

A huge hand in the $100 cash game and a profitable home game session contributed to the majority of my record-setting profits last week. The home game drew nine players Sunday night, and I was able to get a few good hands to exploit their poor play pulling in $34 of profit. Being the only sober one at the table helped too. It's nearly impossible for impaired players to disguise their tells. Saturday night I sat down at a $100 cash game on Global and the very first hand generated a $60 profit. Here's how it went down: I started the session in the big blind and picked up JJ. There was a middle position raise to $4 and one caller. I flat-called and the flop came 4-4-J. Yup. I flopped a boat. I of course checked, and the pre-flop raiser bet $6.25. The other player in the hand folded and I called. The turn came a third club and I checked again. The pre-flop raiser bet $10 and I min-raised to $20. He re-raised all in for his remaining stack and I called. He turned over AK of clubs for the nut flush, but it was not enough to beat my full house. I got out of the session a few hands after that and it was mission accomplished. Here's where I'm at:

Play Money: 20,140,000 Down 72,000

Real Money: $1,953.71 Up $200.15

Target for next Cash Game level: $2,000 ($100)

Target for next SnG level: $2,200 ($110)

Target for next MTT level: $2,750 ($55)

I know I played slightly above my limits entering a $100 cash game, but in order for me to unlock my promo money from my Global account, I have to actually play with it by entering cash games and tourneys, so that was more designed to make the funds available for withdrawal than anything. That's why I got up shortly after that big hand. I wasn't planning on playing a long session at that level. I should be able to break the $2,000 marker this week. Once that happens I'll up my frequency of cash games, and start playing slightly bigger MTTs. Let's see how this week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment