Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Top 5 TV Shows (current)

   5. Entourage- When this show first came out on HBO I said it would be a hit. It was a good 8-year run and the movie is supposed to drop sometime next year. Vinnie, Johnny, Ari, Turtle and E. have been fun to watch and will be sorely missed. Thanks to Mark Wahlberg and crew for making such a likeable and entertaining show with many cameos by actors, actresses and sports stars. I think my favorite episode was when they all tripped on mushrooms with Eric Roberts in the desert. Classic! I also liked Matt Damon's rant in the last episode of season 6. Hilarious! Also, the last episode of season 1 when E. goes from being Vinnie's friend to Vinnie's manager. Great episode. And let's not forget Gary Busey! This is a must-see show for any age group.


   4. Mad Men- This show is packed with martini lunches and Lucky Strikes and I didn't think I'd like it at first, but just a few episodes in and I was hooked. I give it an award for Best Ensemble. A gorgeous cast with a very dark and mysterious lead character (Don Draper) played by Jon Hamm with January Jones (Betty Draper) playing his stunningly beautiful wife. The research that went into the making of this AMC show must have been extensive.  The set design and wardrobe choices are perfect and the storyline behind Don Draper's character will keep you interested for sure.

  


3. Nurse Jackie- There is no woman on earth, other than Edie Falco, that could even come close to playing this character. One minute you love her the next minute you hate her. The pill popping NYC nurse who is somehow keeping her life from completely falling apart has to be the most complex female character on TV. It's fast-paced and  I was hooked from the first episode. Once you start watching this Showtime hit, you won't be able to stop. I promise.






   2. Californication- Showtime does it again! This is the best written show on television. In fact, it's not even close in my opinion. David Duchovny portrays troubled and sex crazed LA novelist Hank Moody. He's dark, but not necessarily mysterious. Moody is also predictably surprising yet frusturatingly irresistable. This show was number 1 on my list when I first started watching. I liked it immediately and it never ceases to disappoint whether it's funny or serious, (and it's good at being both) it always gets its point across. The cast is excellent together, and the dialogue is snappy. The only disappointing thing about this show is when it ends I find myself immediately wanting more. I think Netflix has it on streaming right now and for those of you who have yet to see it, delay no longer!




   1. Breaking Bad- This is the show that knocked Californication out of my number 1 spot. Why? Its storyline is as good as it gets. Bryan Cranston stars as Walter White, (which is ironic because he's the darkest character of all) a high school chemistry teacher with Stage III cancer who starts making and selling crystal meth. Set in New Mexico, this AMC hit will leave you guessing at every turn as Walter goes deeper and deeper into the dark and seedy underworld of drug production and trafficking.

1 comment:

  1. So happy Mad Men is on this list. It's one of my favorites, too. Sucked me right in from the first episode.

    ReplyDelete