Saturday, October 13, 2018

Weekly Bankroll Update 10/7-10/13

I finally took a real shot at the $50 game on Sunday, and I wish I didn't. After folding for six straight orbits, I picked up 5-6 off in the big blind. I checked to see the flop which came 4-7-K. I called a $2 bet to see the turn with three of us still in the hand. The turn came an 8 giving me the nut straight. I checked and a player bet into me for $5. I raised to $19 and he called. The river came another 8 pairing the board. Figuring I was probably good there, I went all in and got called by 4-4 who'd made a full house. A terrible beat to start the week off down $50. The next night I jumped into a $20 game and promptly lost half my stack when my Q-Q got beat by 7-7. And that was about it for last week. I played a couple of nights at $10 and pretty much broke even. I also played some Daily Bonanzas and got nowhere. A couple of final tables in the play money Eagle Cup tourneys made things interesting, but all in all last week sucked. Here is how I'm doing:

Play Money: 10,457,000 Down $252,000

Real Money: $1,231.82 Down $58.60

Target for next MTT level: $1,650 ($33)

Target for next Cash Game level: $2,000 ($100)

Target for next SnG level: $2,200 ($110)

Last week served me my first test of adversity and I have to say, I think I handled it pretty well. It can be difficult to fight off the urge to immediately try to get your money back when you take a big loss. A friend of mine half-joked that I need to jump back into the $50 game right away. And risk going down $100 this week? No chance, I said. The correct move, at least from my perspective, is to grind it back even if it takes a while. Other people might be willing to take more of a gamble than I am, and that's fine; for them. Despite taking that hit, I'm still ahead over the past three weeks so there's certainly no need to panic. I've only had three or four down weeks since I started this blog over a year ago, and the roll is still healthy. This week I'm going to continue to play the Eagle Cup tourneys. A win in one of those is worth $60 for me due to the Hometown Heroes promo on Global so if I can pull a win there, I'm back even. I'll also start my week at the $20 cash game. If I lose big there, I'll just drop down to $10 and grind it back. Anything can happen week to week as long as I stay confident in my abilities to not go on tilt, and to play my best game.

No comments:

Post a Comment